Independent Software’s mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed in building successful products and ventures faster and more effectively. We collaborate closely with entrepreneurs to develop their ideas into customer-driven prototypes and early versions of their product and to help them build their emerging company.
This means we deliver traditional product design services like software product development and design, identity development/user interface design, and product planning.
But we also deliver non-traditional services, like community building and training programs, software apprenticeship programs, and more.
We love what we do – and we’re looking for hard-working, fun, and creative people who want to do it with us.
The Whiteboard is intended to contribute to the startup/innovation community in Connecticut by telling the stories of entrepreneurs, companies, and players. By engaging and connecting the community, we believe we can help the amazing teams and products of the future be born.
The Editor of the Whiteboard works with the Community Manager and CEO to implement this mission. Specifically, the Editor ensures that content and quality goals are met:
- Manages editorial calendar,
- Works with Startup Community Journalists (SCJ) and partners to achieve content goals,
- Writes original content based on interviews and research,
- Maintains and implements editorial standards, and
- Ensures peer review and fact-checking occur systematically.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.A. in Journalism, English, or related area,
- Prior work experience at a media organization,
- Proven writing and proofreading ability,
- Ability to manage and organize the editorial process, and
- Passion for writing and entrepreneurship.
- Experience using and managing WordPress as a media platform,
- Experience using social media as a tool in news delivery and audience engagement,
- Involvement in/management of an editorial process, and
- Prior experience covering entrepreneurs or innovation.
If you believe that you’re a good fit for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.