At Independent Software, we turn visions and bold ideas into the next great web and mobile products for entrepreneurs and startup teams. From software development and design, to project management and support, we get our clients from point A to point B fast.
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced individual to join our development team.
As an Application Developer, you will work with our designer and the rest of the development team to build reliable and robust applications that meet our clients’ requirements. You must have the interest and ability to work with a variety of technologies, and you must be able to demonstrate the ability to solve problems.
Like all members of the Independent Software team, you will wear many hats, but your primary responsibilities will include:
- Building web-based applications, both front-end (UI/UX) and back-end (services)
- Drafting requirements and other technical documents
- Testing and deploying applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 years of application development experience
- Thorough knowledge of OOP principles
- Strong programming skills in PHP or Java and extensive knowledge of Linux
- Solid knowledge of development methodologies and project life cycle
- Solid communication skills
- Fluency in English
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Eagerness to learn and master new technologies
- Experience or interest in startups
- Interest in mentoring junior developers
- iOS and/or Android development experience
All qualified applicants are invited to apply! Please e-mail your cover letter, link to your portfolio or GitHub profile, resume, and salary history to: email@example.com.